Show draft content to limited user group
Imagine your customer somehow needs to send draft pages (not published pages) to someone else for proof reading before he can publish it. This problem can be solved with built in features:
- create a new user group "Proof Reader"
- give it just the permission "View Draft Content"
- create a user and just assign the "Proof Reader" group to him
- In CMS copy the URL of the preview frame when it's in draft mode. It's somehing like http://my-domain.com/path/to/draft-page/?stage=Stage (the stage=Stage parameter is important!)
- send that link (and the user credentials) to the person who should proof-read
- When clicking the link the proof-reader gets the login form, can login and - taraaa- read the draft content
Problem solved. No need to charge extra hours.